UNFI is the premier food distributor in North America. We distribute a vast array of products to more than 43,000 customers including natural product superstores, independent retailers, conventional supermarket chains, eCommerce retailers and food service industry operators.
UNFI has leveraged the Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN®) to drive efficiencies across the entire supply chain since its inception. We have synchronized over a half million GTINs with our suppliers. GDSN makes it possible for any company to share trusted product information seamlessly. Companies of all sizes need timely, reliable product information to drive sales, attain efficiencies and meet the needs of the consumer.
UNFI expects all of our suppliers to join us in this important industry initiative to drive efficiencies across the entire supply chain. By implementing data sync with the GS1 Standards, you will be able to leverage your investment with hundreds of retailers, wholesalers, and food service operators across the United States and globally who are already leveraging GDSN. By working together with UNFI, we drive the sales of your products to our over 43,000 customers.
We are developing a new master data management solution to integrate our Conventional (SUPERVALU) and Natural businesses onto a common business system. To assist us in implementing this strategy we need our Natural suppliers to begin synchronizing their items in GDSN now.
- Natural suppliers: All items for our Natural business will need to be published to the following GLN: 0041130079153.
- Conventional suppliers: All items for our Conventional business should be published to GLN: 0041130079153 and all other distribution center GLNs where those items are carried. (See our GLN List document.)
UNFI expects suppliers to send accurate data, as it drives item set up and maintenance of data in UNFI’s systems. The following are just a few of the critical attributes we need you to publish:
- Product Images
- Ti/Hi (see “Ti-Hi Requirements” document on the right)
- Quality, unabbreviated Product Descriptions
- GPC Brick Code – Product Classification
- Nutritional Claims
- Allergen Declaration
As a partner in the global data synchronization initiative with suppliers, we have developed some tools to help you with your data accuracy and sync percentage. They are as follows:
- Item spreadsheet reports (email email@example.com for an updated item report)
- Two implementation guides found under the key documents section of this page describing both the new item creation and the initial load (existing item) synchronization requirements.
New Item Introduction with UNFI:
GDSN capable suppliers are expected to create new items through GDSN instead of manually creating them in our vendor portal. For questions about this process, please read the New Item Create Implementation Guide or contact us.
Contact UNFI at
1WorldSync Customer Support