This Product Description describes the application functionality provided by the 1WorldSync Data
Sync Direct (DSD) product information management application (“DSD Services”) and is effective
as of the date shown above. This Product Description forms part of the Agreement to provide
Company with the DSD Services. Capitalized terms used but not defined herein have the
definitions assigned to them in the 1WorldSync DSD Services Agreement.
The DSD Services provide a complete solution for Product Information Management and Global Data
Synchronization Network (GDSN) participation by suppliers, recipients, and middle-tier parties.
Company can easily manage product information and related digital content, comply with GDSN and
governmental standards, assure the quality of your product data and automate the process from
the creation to syndication.
The following are key features and capabilities provided by the DSD Services:
- Aggregates all product information submitted into the Software to provide a single location
for disparate information.
- Browser based product information management which allows users to search and browse,
maintain item attributes as well as launch messages to the 1Worldsync Item Management
Platform directly from Company’s browser.
- The DSD Services support all GDSN Validation rules, to ensure GS1 Compliance. Additionally,
the functionality allows for users to define their own validations to run against their data
based on internal processes and policies.
- Manages the choreography of messaging between application and datapool, including errors and
- The administrative capabilities provide super users / administrators the ability to
configure DSD to best fit the organization’s needs.
- Event driven workflow management:
- Enables collaborative approach to collecting product data as well as enabling an
- Both concurrent and linear workflows to assure data governance and quality
assurance. DSD can be configured to ensure that the appropriate stakeholders within
Company are initiating or reacting to the process steps.
- The DSD Services extend your Item-of-Record to support additional GTIN attributes required
by GDSN standards and non-GDSN requirements.
- Supplier Dashboard which provides a real-time view of key performance indicators and other
critical data. Drill-down capability is built-in to allow users to click on any key metric
and view the search results within Quick Browse Standalone.
- Workflow management that provides event notifications when new items or updates to existing
items are published. Other events can be triggered to collaborate with internal team members
on a specified item
- Export capability that allows GDSN compliant data to be integrated into recipient backend
- Clone functionality that provides the capability for you as a data recipient to clone the
GTIN data and assign your Information Provider GLN in LDSD and publish from LDSD to your
- Integrates with backend systems, providing capabilities to map / translate data from
multiple sources, as well as various formats (XML, flat file, CSV, etc.)
Applicable to supplier and recipient organizations, as well as middle-tier parties, the DSD
Services provide a full suite of capabilities in support of full end-to-end product information
2. Implementation Options
Implementation support may be required for utilization of the DSD Services. This implementation
work shall be set forth in a separate Statement of Work with 1WorldSync and requires the payment
of additional fees.
For clarification, 1WorldSync supports three (3) infrastructure models on which to implement the
Data Sync Direct application, these are:
- Physical Infrastructure managed by Company.
This includes physical servers that are in the custody of and managed by Company. For use of
this infrastructure, Company is responsible for all costs and maintenance activity related
to the hardware and associated software i.e., operating system, database, etc. Additionally,
Company is responsible for providing access to the hardware to 1WorldSync resources for the
purpose of implementation.
- Virtual hardware environment managed by
Company. This includes virtual machines that are configured and managed by
Company running on private infrastructure or hosted in a cloud environment. For use of this
infrastructure, Company is responsible for all costs and maintenance activity related to the
hosting, if applicable, hardware and associated software i.e., operating system, database,
etc. Additionally, Company is responsible for providing access to the hardware environment
to 1WorldSync resources for the purpose of implementation.
- Virtual hardware environment managed by
1WorldSync. This includes virtual machines that are configured and managed by
1WorldSync in a cloud environment. For use of this infrastructure, 1WorldSync is responsible
for all maintenance activity related to the hardware and associated software i.e., operating
system, database, etc. Fees associated with the hosting environment are the responsibility
of 1WorldSync but are included in the licensing and associated fees proposed by 1WorldSync
to Company. 1WorldSync is responsible for providing access to the hardware environment to
Company resources for the purpose of implementation and use of the application.
In order to use the DSD Services, Company must have correctly adopted the applicable validations,
product identification and attribute standards to support their intended product data
syndication methods i.e., GDSN, recipient proprietary, etc. Company is strongly advised to
review the applicable documentation for selected the product data syndication methods and
Company’s data recipients on the preparation of product content to be published to them.
Furthermore, Company must maintain the following:
- SQL Server 2016 or higher
- Oracle 12C or higher
- Operating Systems:
4. Data and Content Maintenance
The DSD Services allow Company to aggregate and maintain its content via the web user interface
provided as part of the DSD Services. For syndication, product data and associated content will
be delivered to the 1WorldSync Item Management platform via machine-to-machine messaging. Access
to the Item Management Platform shall be subject to a separate written agreement between the
Parties. If Company desires to provide its data through multiple nodes or AS2 connections,
Company will be required to contract and pay for additional Professional Services. Upon
Company’s request, 1WorldSync will provide Company with a custom quote and Statement of Work for
such Professional Services. Additionally, company is responsible for integrity of data and
content, as persisted on the Software. To enable machine-to-machine messaging to the 1WorldSync
system, one or more protocols may be used. These can include:
- Data and Content Distribution to Proprietary End-points – Product content
is shared with recipients by a variety of mechanisms, based on recipient specific
requirements. These mechanisms may include, for example, AS2, REST API, UI File Downloads,
or other means of electronic transmission of data.
- AS2 – Users using the Applicability Statement 2 “AS2” standard for
communications must adhere to the following rules:
- Multiple, simultaneous (close in time) business transactions for a given company
must be sent via batch messages and not in multiple, individual messages. The
maximum number of documents allowed in a single XML message is 1000. Sending XML
messages of a specific type (for example, Catalog Request) must not be any more
frequent than once every 5 minutes unless the message contains at least 1000
- The “listener” endpoint must be running during processing of messages until all
transactions are processed and reconciled. (The AS2 “listener” is the client-side
software/routine that waits for the response message and prevents inadvertent Denial
of Service attacks that may result in deactivation.)
- Users must provide around the clock (24 x 7) technical phone contact
- Users must use an AS2 solution that is certified by DGI (Drummond Group Inc.)
- No more than 10 concurrent connections are allowed.
- Must be able to use publicly available hostnames (not IP addresses).
- When sending an asynchronous message and receive a HTTP 200 response but no MDN,
wait at least an hour to retry sending the message again. The number of retries
should be limited to 3.
- The maximum file size or XML message size is 75MB.
Technical Call Center. 1WorldSync provides technical support for data loading issues,
error-management, and transactional functions not available externally at 1-866-280-4013 or via
email at email@example.com.
and Billing Support. For administrative and billing issues, please contact 1WorldSync
customer support at 1-866-280-4013 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documentation and Reference. All 1WorldSync customers receive access to 1WorldSync’s
proprietary online reference library, known as the 1WorldSync Solution Center. Access is limited
to individuals who have been registered by 1WorldSync as authorized users of the 1WorldSync
System. The 1WorldSync Solution Center can be found on the 1WorldSync website at www.1worldsync.com.
6. Implementation and Training
As part of the DSD Services, Company will receive access to 1WorldSync-sponsored web seminars
that provide basic training related to 1WorldSync applications. Company will also be assigned a
1WorldSync implementation project manager, who will be Company’s single point of contact as
related to the implementation process.
7. Test Environment
Company will receive access to 1WorldSync Item Management test environment as needed in
accordance with its usage of the DSD Services and the 1WorldSync platform to send data to other
trading partners via GDSN and other Connectors.
8. Community Updates
Company is entitled to receive relevant community updates and other newsletter publications as
offered by 1WorldSync.